Westhampton Beach Middle School
National Junior Honor Society
The Westhampton Beach Middle School Chapter of National Junior Honor Society conducts its activities in accordance with the Constitution of the National Organization. In review of the National 2021 guidelines and recommendations, the Faculty Council has voted to set the scholarship criteria to the following measurement for 2020-2021 school year:
“To be eligible, a student must have their final cumulative GPA of 93 or higher inclusive of their seventh grade year and first semester of grade eight.”
The Faculty Council will review all candidates after an application is completed and submitted to the advisor. The Faculty Council is appointed by the Building Principal. The Principal does not serve on the council. During the review process, the council will select students who are found to possess all of the required characteristics for memberships.
The 2021 Honor Society members will make a pledge to complete 10 hours of service in their home and/or community. For this year the students will attest to their service in an oath and pledge. Additional paperwork is not going to be collected. The 2021 Inductees class will collaborate on a building-wide project to promote positivity before they graduate in June.
1. Takes criticism and recommendations without being defensive.
2. Has a high standard of honesty and reliability.
3. Shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others.
4. Follows instructions and rules willingly.
5. Uses time wisely.
6. Actively works for good.
1. Involved in non-school service activity.
2. Volunteers and is dependable.
3. Is responsible and works well with others.
4. Renders enthusiastic service to the school.
1. Is resourceful and contributes suggestions.
2. Has ideas to improve school life.
3. Encourages positive behavior in others.
4. Exemplifies positive qualities, attitudes, and academic initiative.
5. Shows leadership in the classroom, school activities, and in the larger community.
6. Is dependable.
1. Understands importance of civic/service involvement.
2. Has a high regard for freedom, justice, and the rights of others.